Last modified: May 1, 2014
- On this Website.
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you may download from this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Net Atlantic offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Net Atlantic or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on this Website.
Notice to Persons Accessing this Website Outside the United States
If you reside outside the U.S., any information you provide to us on this Website will be transferred out of your country and into the U.S. If you do not want your personally identifiable information to leave your country, do not provide the information to us. By providing personally identifiable information to us, you explicitly consent to the transfer of your information to the U.S. Personally identifiable information collected on Net Atlantic sites and services may be stored and processed in the U.S. or any other country in which Net Atlantic or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities.
Net Atlantic makes no further use of personally identifiable information beyond the originally disclosed purpose at collection. However, if there is a business need for this to occur Net Atlantic will provide an Opt-out. Net Atlantic makes no further use of personal sensitive information beyond the originally disclosed purpose at collection. However, if there is a business need for this to occur Net Atlantic will provide an Opt-in.
Safe Harbor Policy
Net Atlantic complies with the US-EU Safe Harbor Framework and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. NetAtlantic has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification page, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
Geoffrey C. Besse
Chief Compliance Officer
Net Atlantic, Inc.
10 Federal Street, Suite 26
Salem, MA 01970
Net Atlantic has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Net Atlantic, Inc., please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR web site at http://www.bbb.org/council/eusafeharbor/bbb-eu-safe-harbor-dispute-resolution-program/ to obtain more information and to file a complaint.
Children Under the Age of 13
This Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on this Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features or register on this Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of this Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such information may include name, address or email address, username, password, phone number, financial account and/or government issued identification number ("personal information");
- That is about you, but individually does not identify you; and/or
- That is about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access this Website and usage details.
We may collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through this Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through this Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on this Website. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to, information provided at the time of registering to use this Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information, such as when you report a problem with this Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through this Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide personal and/or financial information before placing an order through this Website.
- Your search queries on this Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of this Website, or transmitted to other users of this Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of this Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Usage Details, IP Addresses and Cookies/, Cookies and Other Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with this Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to this Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on this Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data. It helps us to improve this Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize this Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to this Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of this Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on this Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of this Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Net Atlantic, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present this Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to this Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on this Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business, and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Net Atlantic's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Net Atlantic about this Website’s users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Net Atlantic, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of this Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure personal information you have provided to us from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of this Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of this Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of this Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to this Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on this Website.