Travel, Tourism & Hospitality
Cultivating sustainable long term relationships and acquiring loyal high value travel, tourism and hospitality customers is a growing challenge, especially in this economic climate. Email marketing continues to receive marketers’ attention because it creates direct revenue opportunities with past, present, and future customers. It enables you to cost-effectively communicate with a distinct audience in a way that’s immediate and relevant. It's easy to create and implement, and results can be measured in real time.
Targeting travelers means reaching the right people with your offer at the right time. Prospective travelers tend to begin their online research significantly far in advance of when they actually book their travel arrangements. What types of destinations interest them? Do they prefer air or train travel? Are they interested in sea or land travel? Do they like gambling or theme parks? Do they have a preference for larger chains or boutique hotels and inns? Are they traveling for business, leisure, or both?
Developing a robust and effective email marketing strategy requires that you establish ongoing interactive relationships with your prospects and customers, gain extensive knowledge through profiling, and perform accurate segmentation. It's not enough to capture basic contact information, you must find out about their travel needs and interests and gain permission to send them future promotional marketing material. Once this information has been obtained and you've segmented your list, you're ready to craft and send newsletters that include tailored messages based solely on their preferences to increase conversions.
Email Marketing for Travel, Tourism & Hospitality:
- Engage potential travelers with targeted offers
- Automate flight alerts and travel reminders
- Interact with customers by sending post travel surveys
- Announce new destinations and time-sensitive deals
- Inform your audience about industry updates and news
- Less costly compared to traditional advertising media
- Increased exposure, no geographic boundary for Internet users
- More personalized content; more targeted audience
- More accurate as it can be updated timely with minimal effort and cost
- Easier to collect and track customer information
A Typical Travel & Tourism Application
Target Your Audience:
- Identify target audiences and build dynamic triggered segments and content blocks. You also plan for sequential mailings, auto-response mailings, and scheduled mailings reminding audience members about your events.
- Segment your audience by life stage; region; favorite vacation spots, festivals; hobbies, income, and other attributes.
Build Your List:
- Create automatic list subscription forms for your websites, affiliate sites, landing pages, social media, agency promotions, advertisements, contests, and events. Ask for the level of detail you need, and let your audience members self-segment.
- Load your email list names, custom demographic data, email templates, videos and images. You may also load conditional text blocks using up to 255 characters.
Create Your Content:
- Create templates for consistent branding and time savings when creating new campaigns. Lock the header and footer, branded text, logos, and vivid graphical images with our simple HTML editor.
- Build a library of images and videos, including photos, graphics, recorded events, shapes, colors, fonts, use of transparency and shadows. Build this design into your email templates and other digital assets.
- Create compelling offers and calls to action, such as contests, guest passes, hotel reviews, insider newsletters, and other special offers.
- Personalize your travel, conference or event message based on customer data and interests.
Automate Your Emails:
- Once subscribers join the list through various forms and actions, the triggered segments send them your templates with conditional content, depending on the subscribers’ field entries.
- Dynamic segments and conditional content can be altered at any time to reflect changes in the brand and message strategy.
- Build behavioral profiles of your prospects and customer (such as prior travel, expressed preferences, demographics, transactional data, or other criteria) and integrate data into one comprehensive database.
- Plan a master schedule of frequency (a single action, a regular newsletter, or a multi-stage campaign) – through testing and a continual feedback loop you will learn the optimal contact strategy for each segment of your database.
Deploy Your Campaigns:
- Email Advisor shows you how your email campaigns are likely to perform and tells you how your emails will score for various filters.
- Build a campaign that has multiple components, use an open trigger to schedule the next email in the sequence to go out automatically at a pre-scheduled time; or use a click-open to automatically have a follow-up sent to someone who clicked on a particular link in your email.
- Send personalized auto-reply emails that function as follow-up "Welcome" and "Thank You" emails emphasizing benefits, which is a second opportunity to build a profile on customer preferences.
- Get detailed support at any time from Net Atlantic’s support service staff. They can call upon additional services such as template design and list setup.
Track Your Results:
- Custom reports allow you to view real-time data at a glance.
- The clickstreaming tool follows subscribers to your website and helps you track behavior with per-subscriber detail.
- Review your metrics after each campaign is sent out to better understand your customers' interests. Determine what changes, if any, need to be made for next iteration or adjust programs mid-stream to maximize end results.
Want to learn more? Request a demo with one of our Account Executives.